Each year, hospice aides must fulfill the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) requirement to complete 12 hours of in-service training. Help your aides easily meet this requirement with Hospice Aide On-the-Go In-Service Series, Volume 3. This new volume comprises 12 comprehensive lessons on the timeliest topics in hospice care to deliver the education hospice aides need to satisfy CMS’ annual in-service training requirement and address current industry issues.
Hospices can use the complete set of lessons to provide an entire year of thorough training for their aides.
Each lesson contains a lesson planning guide, an attendance sheet, and a test to ensure comprehension. The lessons are designed for self-study and/or classroom use, offering the flexibility to train in any setting and allowing aides to learn at their own pace.
This book provides:
The education hospice aides need to satisfy CMS’ annual 12-hour in-service training requirementOne-hour lessons, each containing a comprehensive fact sheet that includes an overview of relevant subject matter, a descriptive case study, supplemental learning activities, and a 10-question posttest to measure aides’ comprehension of the topicInteractive lesson components to facilitate discussion and help educators increase and assess aides’ knowledgeA practical format that includes ready-to-copy pages for every lesson, attendance logs, and certificates of completion that can be modified for each participantSingle-site reproduction rights that allow hospices to reuse the lessons again and again
TABLE OF CONTENTSHospice Aide On-the-Go In-Service Series, Volume 3
will include lessons on the following topics:
1) Accountability and Professionalism
2) Caring for Bedbound Patients
3) Caring for Patients who Demonstrate Difficult Behaviors
4) Caring for Patients with Cancer
5) Caring for Patients with Dyspnea
6) Caring for Patients with Heart Disease
7) Communicating with the Families of Dying Patients
8) Managing Seizures and End Stage Stroke
9) Promoting Safe and Effective ADL Performance
10) Stress Management for Hospice Aides on the Go
11) Understanding Clostridium Difficile
12) Working on an Interdisciplinary Team